Back in the day it was Yamaha who pioneered the first serious youth motocross bikes – and we’re proud of the fact that the YZ85 has launched the careers of so many top riders.
Some forty years on we’re still a major force in youth MX - and it’s this in-depth experience that gives the Yamaha the edge. Featuring advanced engine and chassis technology and sharp bodywork, the YZ85 and YZ85LW large wheel look super cool
The YZ85/LW has a reliable 2-stroke liquid-cooled 85cc engine which produces smooth and useable power – and with its easy handling chassis and modern image, this cool Motocross bike is the choice of future champions.
- Lightweight youth motocross race bike
- Powerful and useable 85cc, 2-stroke engine
- Revised port timing for more useable power
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission
- Sharp bodywork and graphics
- Styled like the bigger YZ models
- Upside down front forks with 275mm travel
- Link-type Monocross rear suspension
- Long aluminium swingarm
- Large diameter lightweight disc brakes
- Semi-double cradle tubular lightweight frame
- Also available in large wheel (YZ85LW) option